Alcove Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Course Fishing Topics

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LIDO DRAIN DOWN

Go down 
+3
themackie2000
Jordanwill91
Rose
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:16 am

23/11/09 The Lido is drained down now and the electro fishing will take place very soon
Back to top Go down
Jordanwill91
Admin
Admin
Jordanwill91

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:18 am

Finally, did you get a proper pump man in afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.alcoveangling.co.uk
Rose

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:49 am

Yep and he had a VERY BIG PUMP,
Back to top Go down
Jordanwill91
Admin
Admin
Jordanwill91

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:50 am

Ha about time, the pump that was being used was actually smaller than dads pond pump santa [quote]
Back to top Go down
http://www.alcoveangling.co.uk
themackie2000
themackie2000

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:01 am

Rose wrote:
Yep and he had a VERY BIG PUMP,

Rose, and i thought you were a respectable lady Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
scouselad01

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:16 am

So this cost three thousand pounds to do and only two pike were taken out am thinking this was a waste of money. Money that could have been spent better. What happened to all the plans that were laid out before hand. Please could somebody from the committee why there was basically nothing done on the drain down.
Back to top Go down
Rose

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:17 am

No It was not 3k. Please get your facts straight before you moan.
Back to top Go down
scouselad01

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 5:20 am

i was told it was this amount from somebody on the committee, also with everything i asked that was the only thing you could pick up on. I was not MOANING i was simply asking what happened to all the plans and what the point of the drain down was if only 2 pike were taken from the lake.
Back to top Go down
boo

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:23 am

hi scouselad01
if you had of turned up at the work party, that done the work and the drain down, you would not have to ask what went on and why, or rely on secondhand information, just get out and doit...... i'm not just having ago at you, there are lots of members who just sit on there ass.
Back to top Go down
Rose

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:38 am

Well said Boo who ever you are.
THE REASON THE DRAIN DOWN and ELECTOR FISH HAPPENED WAS NOT ONLY TO REMOVE PIKE BUT ALSO TO SEE WHAT FISH WE HAVE IN THERE.
And the reason there was not much done was because it is always just the few who do and the LOADS who MOAN.
Back to top Go down
jon-boy

jon-boy

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:03 am

rose didnt you say you had 40 people to help with the drain down
Back to top Go down
scouselad01

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:50 am

So you drained down the Lido to see what fish you have in there couldn't you have looked at the pictures on the gallery and saved money.

Also Boo If i didn't have a job and a family i might of been able to get down to help out you might want to think about that before having a go.

A few that do loads who have lives.
Back to top Go down
Lido Luke

Lido Luke

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:21 pm

hi scouselad01

i ve been reading your comments on here and i can understand what you're saying but the we cannot change what has happened. i personally agree that lido shouldn't of been drained down but it has been done now and is nearly back to how it should be. (with water in it)

there are many reasons for why they drained the lido and none of them made sense to me either...

everyone is entitled to there opinion and we appreciate not everyone can attend all the work partys.

with regard to the pike : - there is a selected amount of us who are fishing for the pike and removing them from the lake, we're doing this for the benifit of the fishery..

the pike were becoming a massive problem for pleasure fisherman and match fisherman alike..

we will never be able to remove all the pike (and honestly i dont wont too, they keep crippled and diseased fish down, A NATURAL BALANCE)

the pike problem last year was almost non existant for anglers but we need to keep a regular cull going to keep the pike population at bay..

the committee believed that by draining and electro fishing it they could removed alot of pike at one go, but obviously it didnt work BUT it was worth ago from the majority point of view..

it isn't just a carp lake their is thousands of roach, tench, bream ect ect.. their are roughly about 90 carp in the lido (in my opinion)..

i have been fishing the lido for about 6 years and ive caught all the carp worth catching several times over lol...

alot of people come to the lido and struggle whether theyre fishing for carp, roach, bream or whatever.. the lido is known and has always been known as a hard water, its just learning how to fish it right (which most people dont lol)...

i hope this answers your question and if not let me know..

cheers,

Luke
Back to top Go down
scouselad01

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 3:38 am

Thanks Luke Finally somebody who can talk sense and actually answer questions that i have asked. Shame others could not have taken this approach.

I like you would not want all the pike removed as you said natural balance.

All i wanted was to know why but nobody untill your self was able to answer any of my questions.

next time i go down the lido i might give you a shout so you can show me how to fish it correctly. lol!
Back to top Go down
Lido Luke

Lido Luke

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:25 pm

hi scouselad01

if u get an opportunity on saturday, i will be fishing with jon-boy at the lido.. pop down and have a chat if u wont..

im sure jon and i will be able to help u with a few tips ect..
Back to top Go down
jon-boy

jon-boy

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:20 pm

well might be friday see if i can get the time off work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIDO DRAIN DOWN   LIDO DRAIN DOWN Empty

Back to top Go down

LIDO DRAIN DOWN
Page 1 of 1