Alcove Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Course Fishing Topics

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Second Visit To MArgarets LAke, A Little More Like It.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark Elvin

Second Visit To MArgarets LAke, A Little More Like It. Empty
PostSubject: Second Visit To MArgarets LAke, A Little More Like It.   Second Visit To MArgarets LAke, A Little More Like It. EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 5:33 am

OK, after Saturdays blamk & subsequent falling in the lake, I ventured back to see if I could get any more lucky with some more clement weather behing me.

So I arrived at Margarets Lake......

Second Visit To MArgarets LAke, A Little More Like It. IMAG0122

Second Visit To MArgarets LAke, A Little More Like It. IMAG0123

Set up initially with sweetcorn on the waggler, with a size 14 barbless fished just off the bottom, persevered for an hour or so with no lucj.

So it was out with the red maggots, chuck half a dozen around the hook every 5mins or so & after 15mins was into a decent sized fish (no idea what it is as my fish ID skills need polishing.....

Second Visit To MArgarets LAke, A Little More Like It. IMAG0121

And it continued with a selection of smallish fish for the next hour & I though it was time to get the keepnet out as it was going OK.

After about 3 hrs I ended up with a reasonable haul for the time of year...

Second Visit To MArgarets LAke, A Little More Like It. IMAG0125

So all in a satisfactory day on the float. The carp rod was dead all day, no luck on strawberry boilie or corn on the hair rig, must investigate winter carp baits.
Back to top Go down

Second Visit To MArgarets LAke, A Little More Like It.
Page 1 of 1