Alcove Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Course Fishing Topics

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone been recently?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Berryg

Anyone been recently? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:00 am

Does anyone know how any of the lakes are fishing at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Cheers Drive

Cheers Drive

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:43 am

Hi Berryg

i have just rejoined the club and with a bit of luck will be out this week end. cheers
Back to top Go down
nina barrett

nina barrett

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:05 am

had some lovely fish out of margarets last few weeks includin my pb so far 13lb mirror , which i know isnt massive but put a smile on my face i can tell ya lol
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:49 am

That is a good fish Nina - what size do they go to in there? Smile
Back to top Go down
nina barrett

nina barrett

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:26 pm

adeclover tbh im not sure there used be the weights of each lake on here but cant find it now!!!
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:15 pm

Thanks for the reply Nina, I am interested in the waters over in Earthcott and perhaps the Lido - the carp don't need to be huge - just curious more than anything - thanks Ade
Back to top Go down
nina barrett

nina barrett

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:05 pm

no worries Ade , i fish both the Earthcott lakes and had some lovely carp out , the bigger ones are in Georges tho i think you'll find Smile
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:11 pm

That sounds great, do the waters get busy? I will have to go over and have a look before I decide to join if that is allowed - any idea how many are in each lake Question
Back to top Go down
nina barrett

nina barrett

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 am

i've never been and not got a spot , usually just me and the kids at the weekend , i go during the week to usually pretty quiet then , if u know someone in the club im sure you'd be allowed to go an have a look (key needed to get into the lakes via gates ) im afraid ive no idea how many are in the lakes, dont know if anyone else can answer that one for u!
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:35 am

Great stuff, my step son was a member last year but he only fished the clamp and didn't visit the other lakes, he hasn't re-joined yet. I think I will bite the bullet and join anyway - thanks a million for your replies Very Happy

If anybody else can advise the approximate numbers of fish in each that would be great Question
Back to top Go down
Cheers Drive

Cheers Drive

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Adeclover

you can look at the lake but you will have to walk from the gate untill you join and get a key from rose. i have never had a problem finding a swim, as nina says you will be on you own most of the time and its a great club.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
nina barrett

nina barrett

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:33 pm

no worries Ade Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks Cheers Drive and Nina - I have emailed about joining up, I will try and sort it for next weekend Very Happy

Does the farmer mind you parking on the land near the gate when you look around?
Back to top Go down
Cheers Drive

Cheers Drive

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:54 pm

just dont block the gate up
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:48 am

Went to look today, must have caught it on a busy day as a few people one ach water but it looks very nice indeed, I haven't joined yet but am hoping to during the week and then go the following weekend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cheers Drive

Cheers Drive

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:59 am

under 16 comp to day
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 10:04 am

Where is the comp?
Back to top Go down
Cheers Drive

Cheers Drive

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 10:42 am

http://www.alcoveangling.co.uk/matches.html
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Ah I see, I went around an hour or so after it ended so it must have been people who pitched up afterwards or stayed on - look like nice waters, plenty of swims and great location - liked all the lillies and stuff too - looked really fishy there today

Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Would still be interested in learning roughly what the overall stock of fish is like in the lakes Question
Back to top Go down
Cheers Drive

Cheers Drive

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:12 am

hi Mate i fished over the weekend and had about 30lb of fish from carp to bream including a nice tench in just over 4 hr. common carp was 7lb several other to 3lb crucian carp to 1lb.
a great day Very Happy
cheers Keith
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 am

That is great Keith, which lake was that on? I fancy giving both the Eartcott lakes a go, just not joined yet, I did email about joining but not heard back, prob best to just ring. Any hot spots on Georges lake? Question
Back to top Go down
Cheers Drive

Cheers Drive

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:02 am

Its best to give Rose a call to join, then you will have to go to her house in fishponds to do all the paper work.

I fished Margaret’s lake, only because I forgot my trolley and had t carry my gear.

I think that the best part of joining new waters is finding out how to fish it and what is in it to catch as for hot spots just pick a swim.

Cheers Keith
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 pm

Yeah very true, will be a bit of a surprise whatever I catch, will give Rose a call and fix up a ticket. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adeclover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Joining up tomorrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been recently?   Anyone been recently? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone been recently?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alcove Angling Club :: General-
Jump to: