Alcove Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Course Fishing Topics

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Grumpy Angler's ponderings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GrumpyAngler

GrumpyAngler

The Grumpy Angler's ponderings Empty
PostSubject: The Grumpy Angler's ponderings   The Grumpy Angler's ponderings EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:35 am

With our club being a family friendly club and one that has a membership that includes not only both genders but a diverse range of age groups, could we not consider hiring a couple of portaloo's? One could be placed in the car parks at the Clamp, Whitehouse Farm and the Lido. I'm sure the club could negotiate a contract that would be financially viable and I'm pretty sure that many members would welcome such a facility?

As a club that encourages families to fish why not hold more family orientated events? We have an extremelly busy match calender with some 41 matches and yet no family events. As an idea why don't we host informative events whereby new/younger/junior members can come along and get tips and advice from experienced club anglers? Whether it be giving advice on rigs, tactics, baits or fish care we would be producing a much more informed member base and involving families. You could even end the day with a BBQ?

Pondering over for today
The Grumpy Angler
Back to top Go down
nina barrett

nina barrett

PostSubject: Re: The Grumpy Angler's ponderings   The Grumpy Angler's ponderings EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:05 am

I for one would very much welcome the portaloo facility, It does get a bit much crossing my legs on the lakeside for hours if its a little busy, the clamp i have to say is the worst place for this , I can sit there and see all the fella's just turnin their backs to the lake , I dont think they'd be impressed if I did the same somehow!!! Also our daughter comes every weekend with us along with our son but the same situation goes for my 11yr old daughter moreso !!

As for the family day , great idea Grumpy!! I know for a fact that my children would love tips on all aspects of fishing.

I must also say I am a little dissapointed that there arent more family platforms on margarets, limiting us to where we can fish, I feel these platforms have been set up mainly for the pole fisherman/woman , not very family friendly.
Back to top Go down
Lido Luke

Lido Luke

PostSubject: Re: The Grumpy Angler's ponderings   The Grumpy Angler's ponderings EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:31 pm

hi guys

the club have looked into gettin portaloos for all the alcove waters but have decided that it's too expensive to do so...

as for the events & bbqs ect i will bring this up at the committee meetin...

but i wouldnt of thought the club will go for the idea because of the expenses and running the events...

thanks

luke
Back to top Go down
GrumpyAngler

GrumpyAngler

PostSubject: Re: The Grumpy Angler's ponderings   The Grumpy Angler's ponderings EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi Luke
I would be very interested to see how the cost of portaloo's would compare, for example, against the cost of securing the fishing rights to another water.

As far as the event idea goes I'm not quite sure I agree with you. I would have thought that the overheads would be quite minimal if not nil, and for the following reasons;

1) We dont have to hire a venue.........we have four!
2) Members who felt they could offer their experience could do so whilst fishing......something we all joined for.
3) We wouldn't have any advertising overhead.......we have emails, the website and facebook.
4) A bbq could be run on a bring your own food basis, most members are likely to have their own BBQ's.

With the proper planning and management events such as those suggested should not present any difficulties for the club. i would be more than willing to put together a provisional plan that could be presented to the comittee to demonstrate this!

More often than not how ideas are presented can make or break them and if they are presented with any negativity from the outset then a bias outlook tends to set in.

Club development depends very much on the decisions reached by the comittee, but the comittee have a responsability to ensure that the club meets the needs of its paying members. Now, I'm not suggesting for one minute that the suggestions I came up with are the right ones or that they would be welcomed by the majority of club members but surely if such events were wanted by club members then they should be given the consideration that the members deserve?

Regards

The Grumpy Angler
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grumpy Angler's ponderings   The Grumpy Angler's ponderings Empty

Back to top Go down

The Grumpy Angler's ponderings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alcove Angling Club :: General-
Jump to: