Alcove Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Course Fishing Topics

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saturday Series?

Go down 
+5
boo
darkshaddow
Rose
themackie2000
Jordanwill91
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordanwill91
Admin
Admin
Jordanwill91

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 4:18 am

Hey All,

does anyone think it would be a good idea to have a saturday series next season. We have been discusing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alcoveangling.co.uk
themackie2000
themackie2000

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:20 am

Sounds good to me, i am gonna plow into the match side of the sport after xmas, been carping for a few years and plan on getting back to my roots as i grew up match fishing and have been missing it! Sad

so how many events does it include and over how long etc..?
Back to top Go down
Rose

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:35 am

Check the web site for match dates this season and if you want any changes for next season come along to the AGM and put your ideals forward
Back to top Go down
Jordanwill91
Admin
Admin
Jordanwill91

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:36 am

I think degsy and paul gowin are going to put forward for the saturday/winter series next season
Back to top Go down
darkshaddow

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:12 am

yes i would like saterday matches as i work away in truck sundays Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boo

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:24 am

yeah good idea go for it, i would like to see a match every sat and every sun, look forward to fishing them,
Back to top Go down
noel_fletcher

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:49 am

I fished the Xmas match last weekend. I think it was six of us that joined the VERY exclusive club.............we blanked !!!

My god, it was hard.

I fished Brimsham Park on Tuesday, had a few roach and perch. All small but it got the "blank" out of my mind. Only problem was the cold, because of the damp atmosphere the pole was wet and with the cold breeze my hands went blue.

Oh well, one of the joys of winter fishing i suppose. Still I will be back out again this weekend for more punishment
Back to top Go down
boo

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:01 pm

hi noel
there is no shame in blanking at this time of year mate the water is very cold and the fish just lie idle and will not feed, i fished the clamp on sat had just 1 roach i came out to whitehouse had a walk around both lakes there was not a lot happening, i've blanked in a few matches my self out there in the winter, i've just joined the club again after a year or so i have booked in for the matches on the river up the crane and on the frome, will see you there if you are fishing them. Smile
Back to top Go down
GrumpyAngler

GrumpyAngler

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:16 am

What impact would a Saturday series of matches have on those members who do not fish matches?

I am going to play Devils Advocate here and raise the above question on behalf of those members who do not match fish. There are, as i see it, several issues with Saturday matches.

1) How often would these matches take place?
2) Are they likely to be on the same weekends as Sunday matches?
3) Will they require the water being fished to be closed to other club members?
4) Will the impact that another series of matches have on the waters be considered?
5) Will the impact on club members who do not match fish and who, like darkshadow, can only fish Saturdays be considered? They may not be able to fish their chosen water!

Again, I am only playing devils advocate on this matter by putting these issues up for discussion and they do not necessarily represent my personal opinions.......so don't shoot the messenger! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nina barrett

nina barrett

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:31 am

A very good point Grumpy, I for one am a member with a family who are also members, ie 2 school aged children and a partner, all 3 of which cannot really fish in the week due to work commitments and school, therefore we fish nearly every saturday as a family and do not match fish.

I am worried that the saturday matches may put the kybosh on this for us???????? Crying or Very sad Question
Back to top Go down
Jordanwill91
Admin
Admin
Jordanwill91

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:25 am

Very Good point grumpy, These are just ideas at the moment so they might or even not go ahead.

Thanks for your input we always like to hear what the members think and what they would like in the club.

No need to worry Nina Smile

Cheers
Jordan
Back to top Go down
mafiafran

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:30 am

so how many events does it include and over how long etc..?

live sex cams
rabbit vibrator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saturday Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Series?   Saturday Series? Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday Series?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alcove Angling Club :: Matches-
Jump to: