Alcove Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Course Fishing Topics

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

fishing at the clamp

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boo

fishing at the clamp Empty
PostSubject: fishing at the clamp   fishing at the clamp EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 3:05 am

hi all
i will be fishing at the clamp on monday, hope to catch more than i did the last time out, the weather has warmed up a bit so the fishing may get better, it was bitter cold the last time i went, will let you know how it is fishing out there, watch this space.......... boo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boo

PostSubject: Re: fishing at the clamp   fishing at the clamp EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:50 am

hi all
where do i start, went to the clamp on sunday and monday, so lets start with sunday.picked up my son at 7.30am then round for his uncle, we got to the clamp about 8.30ish the lake looked cold there was ice at the far end up to the island, we picked are swims and started fishing not a bite for any of us until 11 then uncel had a small carp, about 12 i had a roach then a gobe then a gobe then a roach then a tench and that was it my lad had a blank what a nice days fishing. monday all three of us went again the ice this time was all over the lake we broke the ice and started fishing we all ended with a blank, but we tryed, the only ones to catch was ian chapple he had 2 small roach and a chap next to him had one roach, so the clamp is fishing as good as it can for winter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boo

PostSubject: Re: fishing at the clamp   fishing at the clamp EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:33 am

fishing at the clamp Sam_0017

hi all. here is that little tench i caught on sunday, what a nice little fish, i look forward to catching more of them in the summer.
Back to top Go down
ilikefish

PostSubject: Re: fishing at the clamp   fishing at the clamp EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:12 pm

hey people,
im new to joining alcove angling, wondered if any1 had any tips for fishing the clamp, eg bait ect

ive seen alot of people using pellets this est bait for lake?

please write back Smile
Back to top Go down
TonyW

PostSubject: Re: fishing at the clamp   fishing at the clamp EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Pellets.

Used by many as they are fairly cheap, can be used for fish at all depths and methods. They tend to work on most fisheries so are always a good option.

I haven't fished the Clamp in many years, only just rejoined the Alcove Angling Club having been away for several years.

As far as i'm aware though there aren't many larger established fish so small baits and finer tackle than the other alcove waters would be needed. I also believe there are a lot of skimmers in the clamp so fishmeal based groundbait could be a good starter to get em feeding.

I'm sure someone will put me right though if i'm wrong Smile

That way we both get some good feedback.
Back to top Go down
Dancey_

Dancey_

PostSubject: Re: fishing at the clamp   fishing at the clamp EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:11 am

You're pretty much there Tony.

I would say that don't fish too light though, the margins are snaggy and the carp fight like made even though they don't run that big.

Expander pellets, sweetcorn, paste are my three baits I use down there.

Now that the weather has dropped though, maggots, worms, caster, bread would probably do well!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Mark Elvin

PostSubject: Re: fishing at the clamp   fishing at the clamp EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:00 am

Dancey_ wrote:

Now that the weather has dropped though, maggots, worms, caster, bread would probably do well!

Cheers

Was at The Clamp yesterday.

All I got on maggot & worm was a dozen small Perch, a Roach & a small skimmer.

The guy opposite, using bread punch, got half a dozen decent Carp & a selection of smaller fish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fishing at the clamp   fishing at the clamp Empty

Back to top Go down

fishing at the clamp
Page 1 of 1