Alcove Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Course Fishing Topics

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Year Is Coming!

Go down 
+2
oli
Jordanwill91
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordanwill91
Admin
Admin
Jordanwill91

New Year Is Coming! Empty
PostSubject: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:22 am

Hey All

New year is coming guys, Now its your chance to put your ideas forward which will be put on the website in the new year. I will look into any ideas given, dont be shy im always looking for new content to maintain website traffic.

Cheers
Jordan

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.alcoveangling.co.uk
oli

PostSubject: Re: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:50 am

Hiya,

i have posted in another section (the general section) as to where the Avon fishing rights are that we have. The reason why i don't know is because i cannot find that information. Would it be possible to put that info up in the "Venues" section at all please with a helpful map?

What do you think?

cheers
Back to top Go down
themackie2000
themackie2000

PostSubject: Re: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 3:45 am

Great Idea, i still havent been to the Alcove streach as i too am unsure where exactly to fish, and i am going to be mainly fishing rivers this year so would love the info

Great idea about a map with our strech highlighted for example too.
Back to top Go down
oli

PostSubject: Re: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Well to be honest it's getting a bit annoying Smile

My friend's asked on several occasions via telephone for the Avon information and i've posted on the forum twice and you're the only response i've had (which i appreciate). Every time he's called up (can't say for sure who he's spoken to) he's effectively been fobbed off with "yes ok we'll get back to you" and noone ever does.

I mean i've paid for the Alcove ticket - can someone please tell me where it is that i've paid for? It's almost seeming like a family secret that only a secret handshake can unlock lol.

Also, why aren't we publicising our Avon location information on the website to get more members? Furthermore, rivers are wonderful places and i'm sure if existing members knew of our stretch they would suddenly realise what they're missing out on and open another door in their fishing adventures...and be more likely to rebuy their ticket!

But where on earth is it???

Anyone out there know please?
Back to top Go down
jon-boy

jon-boy

PostSubject: Re: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:29 am

i think its saltford to keynsham but thats not 100% tho
Back to top Go down
boo

PostSubject: Re: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:02 am

hi oli.
the stretch of the bristol avon you want info on, is run by the (bristol and west federation of anglers) the alcove members can only fish this stretch, because alcove angling club became an affiliated member, to the bristol and west.
i have fished the bristol and west waters for a lot of years, and they are some of the best, on the avon, iam sure the bristol and west waters start at the first field below the bridge at londonderry farm, which is on the A4175 keynsham road, from here you may fish the left hand bank up stream, right up to the out-fall at swineford.
as i have said it is some really good fishing, the out-fall at swineford its self is one of the best pegs on the whole of the avon with 100lb bags of bream always on the cards, jacky-whites is also very good for big nets of bream as is the crane, you will have to ask at your tackle shop how to get to the different places on the stretch and where to park, i hope this is of some help to you.
Back to top Go down
oli

PostSubject: Re: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 6:19 am

hi and thanks for the reply.

I gave Rose a ring and she's told me where the fishing rights are thanks. What i'll do is put them down here, and draw up a map and host that online so everyone can see a link to where the rights are. I guess it should really go on the venue page.

START
keynsham marina down by lockkeeper pub - walk over the weir as you can't fish in the marina itself
you can then fish upwater to...
FINISH
swinford - the swan.

Notice how Rose's instructions all include references to pubs - i think that tells us a lot...Smile

Does that match up to what you are saying boo? Are there other bristol and west waters that we can fish on the alcove ticket as well?

Thanks

Oli.
Back to top Go down
Jordanwill91
Admin
Admin
Jordanwill91

PostSubject: Re: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks for the input guys

I will do my best, to try and get this info on the website. I get very annoyed with the members because they dont seem to give me any information about what they want on the website. Also i do not seem to have alot of time anymore to regulary update the site because i am working full time.

Thanks
Jordan
Back to top Go down
http://www.alcoveangling.co.uk
oli

PostSubject: Re: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:11 am

Ok - here's the map as i think it should be with the information i've got.

I've highlighted in red the stretch - could someone please confirm this?

Thanks.

https://2img.net/h/i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/fleeceme/AlcoveAvon.jpg
Back to top Go down
Dancey_

Dancey_

PostSubject: Re: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:16 am

Until I read this thread I had no idea that I was entitled to fish the Avon.

I think it should definitely be added to the Venue page of the site.

@Jordanwill91 - If you need any help due to your time constraints give me a shout. I'm no developer but I'm sure I know enough HTML to help sort that out!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year Is Coming!   New Year Is Coming! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Year Is Coming!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alcove Angling Club :: Website Feature Request-
Jump to: