Alcove Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Course Fishing Topics

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bait tips and advice needed...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ninawilk

Bait tips and advice needed... Empty
PostSubject: Bait tips and advice needed...   Bait tips and advice needed... EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 5:49 am

Hi there
I've only been fishing since the beginning of the yr and been with the club for a few months I fish at Margarets and also the Clamp and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice re baits and rigs etc, the best ones fo fish these lakes.
great website btw! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
themackie2000
themackie2000

PostSubject: Re: Bait tips and advice needed...   Bait tips and advice needed... EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:27 am

Hi Nina

What style of fishing do you do? e.g do you fish with a float, pole or quiver rod etc..

Will be a pleasure to pass on some help and advise alien
Back to top Go down
nina barrett

nina barrett

PostSubject: Re: Bait tips and advice needed...   Bait tips and advice needed... EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 10:06 am

Hi themackie
I've been fishing the clamp with a float and i like to use a quivertip on margarets any help would be greatly appreciated rendeer
Back to top Go down
GrumpyAngler

GrumpyAngler

PostSubject: Re: Bait tips and advice needed...   Bait tips and advice needed... EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Shame you dont have a big bruvver who could tap into his wealth of knowledge to help you out!?? LOL santa
Back to top Go down
nina barrett

nina barrett

PostSubject: Re: Bait tips and advice needed...   Bait tips and advice needed... EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 am

YES well you'd think he'd help out his lil sis wouldnt ya but alas he's too grumpy!!!! lol santa
Back to top Go down
boo

PostSubject: Re: Bait tips and advice needed...   Bait tips and advice needed... EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 3:50 am

hi nina
i fish the clamp a lot i find the pole is by far the best way to fish there, (remember it must not be over 4meters long ) as for bait ringer-bag-up 6mm pellets in sommer the way to prep them is put a whole bag in to 3 plastic carrier bags with no holes in them pore 3/4 pint of boiling water over them in the water mix 2 sachets of gelatine this will help keep the pellets on the hook, in the winter maggot will catch you fish that all there is to it, if you dont have a pole, you can get one 6mtr for about £40 in scotts, on margarets the tip or waggler will do i use the same bait it works well out there as well, hope this is some help to you,
boo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bait tips and advice needed...   Bait tips and advice needed... Empty

Back to top Go down

Bait tips and advice needed...
Page 1 of 1